Wednesday, December 28, 2011

John Deere Floor Puzzle


Here is a cute gift that I made for Brayden for Christmas (it was supposed to be wrapped and under the Christmas tree but I just finished it today).  I used our My Creations Memory Box for this project.  It is the box with a magnetic closure and it has 24 - 3"x3" chipboard squares inside.


I used the Creme' Brulee' B&T from the Elemental Level 2 paper packet along with Black and Desert Sand cardstock.


In our family, John Deere is #1!  Dean has worked for our Texas/Oklahoma industrial John Deere dealership for 27 years so we are "eat up with John Deere!"  Our kids and grandson learned at an early age that "John Deere is #1".  That is the saying around our house, so that is what I decided to put on the lid of Brayden's John Deere Puzzle. 

I used embellishments from the Black Mini Medley and the Pewter Mini Medley assortments.  I used the Vintage Type stamp set and the Blue Ribbon stamp set.  My mom gave me the cute twine that I tied around the lid (it was in my stocking). 


Side one of the floor puzzle is a backhoe that Brayden, Connor and Dean drove a year ago in September.  They dug a big hole with it; stood in it; and then covered it back up.  Brayden and Connor each took turns with the controls!


Side two is a photo of them sitting on an Articulated Dump Truck.  They didn't get to drive it but had a fun
time climbing on it.

To help Brayden out a little, I stamped a "1" on the side one pieces and a "2" on side two pieces.  I used StazOn ink and the Countdown stamp set.




1 comment:

  1. Audrey - this is awesome! Your photos have such great resolution! Making a jigsaw puzzle is my favorite thing to do with these memory game boxes. But I LOVE your twist of making it double sided! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and questions are welcome. However, please keep negative comments to yourself. Thank you for your respect.